The Onion Network: Sony Releases New Stupid Piece Of...

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Luck...? Fate...?

08/22/08


I never considered myself a lucky person, gambling and the like never worked for me and I don't think I ever won anything in contests or the like. My brother always had a lucky hand, so my point of reference made me feel almost struck with bad luck.

Understandably, I couldn't care less about promotions where all I do is give out personal data to a company so they can junk mail me forever.

However, as I already was already a member on my fave radio station's site, I clicked a few links just for fun, the guys have tickets to give away to rock gigs and other events.

Then I got two emails.

***
"Guess what? You've won entry for you and a friend to Dean Blundell's Sausagefest! It happens this Friday, August 15th, at Sound Academy. And who says you never WIN anything!
...

Hey Pina here,
I'm so excited about tomorrow's Dean Blundell Sausagefest that I want to make sure you know exactly what's going on...here's the breakdown!
You and a friend get to come...remember you both have to be 19

BBQ starts at 5pm...Mmmmmmmmmmmm SAUSAGES!!! Our good friends over at Shopsey's deli restaurants are going to hook up the first 500 people arriving at 5pm with a free sausage. Not to mention there will be tons of activities, like a Sumo Wrestling Ring, Box and Bounce, JOUST Station, Vegas style games for tons of cool prizes and more!

Concert starts at 8pm featuring performances from The Flatliners, Die Mannequin, The Saint Alvia Cartel, and The Salads. And of course appearances by Dean Jason Todd and other morning show crew!"

***

So there you go:

I WON SOMETHING!!!

Too bad I read the email on Saturday, August the 16th. Friday had been a real shitty, screwed up day...

Hm. So I was lucky and I wasn't. Or I was lucky but distracted to realize. Or I was lucky because I would have felt even more shitty going with no budget.

I was lucky, that's a fact.

I'm not linking in the latest tragedy, but you know what I mean. People scared of flying know what I mean. It's hard to see such an accident, because not travelling is not an option.

Live life to the fullest and appreciate every day you have. You never know when it's your last.

PS: Hungarian speakers should have noticed the email author's hilarious name :D

No comments:

Ween - Baby Bitch